This policy provides you with information about:
- How we use your data;
- What personal data we collect;
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable The Socks Emporium to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
The Socks Emporium uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) to update you on the latest offers. We aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Changing marketing preferences via your account;
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails, or
- Contacting The Socks Emporium via the contact information set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
The Socks Emporium only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to The Socks Emporium and to you, and for no other purposes.
Non-disclosure to Third Parties
The Socks Emporium will not rent or sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party except and unless required by law. Information required to fulfil certain orders may be given to agents of the company for the sole purpose of fulfilling that order under contractual agreement with the company. Similarly, any details required to verify credit or debit card transactions will be transmitted by secure link to our payment provider for this purpose.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for The Socks Emporium to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What personal data do we collect?
The main personal data we collect is your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number. We also keep a record of your product interests and purchases on-line and automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser (including your IP address, www.thesocksemporium.com cookie information, and the page you requested).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
You have the right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time, (subject to a fee specified by law, which is currently £10) and the right to ask us to update any out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge. You also have the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information set out in this policy.
Our legal basis for processing customer’s personal data.
The Socks Emporium collect and uses customer’s personal data for the purpose of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer and to comply with our legal obligations. We only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Customer’s personal data is also necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests which include:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting The Socks Emporium, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to The Socks Emporium; and
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against The Socks Emporium.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you have registered with us then your computer will store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit www.thesocksemporium.com, by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
These cookies enable core functionality for our site. They allow the site to remember your choices such as items added to the shopping basket, last pages you have viewed, provide us with info to improve our business with site traffic statistics for Google Analytics's . They do not contain any personal information.
If you have any questions about how The Socks Emporium uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data please contact us by the following means:
- Phone us on - 0117 9329587
- E-mail us at - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at -
The Socks Emporium
6 Londonderry Farm
BS30 6ELYou have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk